As temperatures drop, wax crystals can form in diesel fuels. The amount of wax in fuel can vary depending on the crude used to refine the finished product as well as the refining process. However, one thing is certain. All fuels contain wax, which if not treated, can seriously diminish the ability of fuel to flow freely through fuel lines and filters during periods of low temperatures. This can eventually stop fuel flow altogether, bringing 80,000 pounds to a halt along with your business.
Our Cold Flow Package Dieselect features a cold flow improver that reduces the problems caused by wax. The additives in Dieselect modify the shape of the wax crystals so that instead of bonding to one another, they continue to flow. It is not magic but science at work!
While many marketers will target detergency and stability as the two criteria most readily met, most end users are left with the challenges of cold weather performance.
Kerosene alone is not the answer
Some marketers dose their diesel with kerosene in order to meet certain minimum winter operability criteria. While this will insure that fuel flows through your fuel system, it is accomplished at a great cost. Typically kerosene can cost as much as 6 cents a gallon over diesel fuel. In addition, kerosene does not provide the same BTU content as diesel. Simply put - you will pay more for less power and lower fuel efficiency. The cold-flow package in Gulf Dieselect gives your engine the low temperature protection you need without sacrificing the power and economy you deserve.
The Year Round Solution In addition to its superior cold weather characteristics, Dieselect contains these other carefully formulated ingredients, each with important year round benefits.
Dispersant and Detergent Additives
- Can add anywhere from 3 to 6 points to your cetane number producing a fuel that burns quickly and completely
- Provide faster starting at lower temperatures
- Reduce engine knock, noise, misfiring and case shock load, pressure and engine stress
- Contribute to cleaner, smoother running engines; reduces exhaust emissions
- Keep fuel injectors clean to maintain uniform spray patterns for maximum combustion efficiency
- Dramatically modify and allow fuel flow
- Protect fuel pumps and injectors from premature wear and scuffing
- Contribute to full burn so power isn't lost
- Prevents deposits, sludge and filter plugging
- Maintains fuel stability with added protection against oxidation
Cleaner Fuel Systems Provide Maximum Results
- Prevents the formulation of emulsion to keep fuel flowing freely through lines; allows drainage of water from fuel storage tanks
- Permits some moisture to be absorbed and burned with fuel
- Reduces shutdowns caused by ice blockage
The cleanliness of an engine directly impacts its performance. Sludge, rust, varnish and gum can affect injectors, disrupting the fuel spray and reducing fuel economy. Gulf Dieselect can improve the fuel economy of your engine up to 6.5%.
The following tests measure engine cleanliness:
Cummins L-10 Test
Injector deposits can lead to a noticeable decrease in power. This test determines a fuel's ability to control the formation of injector deposits.
Cummins N-14 Test
Increased injector corrosion leads to decreased fuel economy and injector life. This test evaluates a fuels ability to control corrosion. Gulf Dieselect in both tests, earned a Superior Rating.